Welcome in 2017! I loved 2016 and my anticipation of 2017 is even better 🙂
It’s the second year I DO NOT set any New Year’s resolutions. I do something different instead. I choose a word for the year. A theme. And it works really well for me. Let me tell you a bit more about it.
Choosing your theme
I’ve learned about it from Jeaninne Yoder who every January hosts a call “The Power of Themes”. She guides you through a meditation and helps you choose your word. But you can easily do this by yourself too.
The point is to choose a word that will be a lens for you for the upcoming year. The word you’d like to see showing up during this year.
Think of the word you’d like to experience more of in your life in 2017. If you can’t decide on one, choose 3-5 and then look them up in a dictionary. Feel into each word. Then narrow down your choice to just one word. I like to write down the definition in my journal to go back to it the next year and see how it all worked out.
My theme in 2016
In 2016 my theme was “LIGHT”. Some explanation from a dictionary that I like about “LIGHT”:
- (1) noun – the natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible. A source of illumination. An expression in someone’s eyes indicating a particular emotion or mood.
- Understanding of a problem or mystery; enlightenment. Spiritual illumination by divine truth.
- (2) adjective – of a light weight, easy to lift. Suitable for small loads.
- Gentle or delicate. Requiring little mental effort.
- Free from worry or unhappiness, cheerful.
How did my theme manifest in my life?
So, I wanted both meanings – the noun and the adjective. It was most about putting myself out there. Getting the courage to be seen and truly own it. And getting at peace with my body.
Some things that happened in 2016 that I saw through the lens of “LIGHT”:
- Launching my blog and website – I even gave it a tagline “Shine Your Light”!
- Graduating from Mentor Masterclass and becoming a Life Coach.
- Deciding to leave my 9-5 job.
- Launching my coaching business.
- Getting pregnant.
- Having a baby.
- Gaining 18 kg during my pregnancy and then losing almost all of it (still in progress).
- Deepening my relationship with my husband.
- Healing so many things (I’ve let the light shine on the wounds).
All these events made me feel light and empowered – I had spread my inner light to the world. I’ve put myself out there, I’ve overcame my worries and blocks. A lot of change has happend.
Looking at the world through this lens helped me also build a better relationship to my body. While pregnant and now breastfeeding my baby boy, I’m really amazed how our bodies work. Negative thoughts about my body started to slowly evaporate and every day I feel more and more grateful to my body for everything that it allows me to do.
Theme for 2017
My word for 2017 is “EASE”. Why? Well, I want to experience my year through this lens. I want it to be easy and feel at ease.
Some things I want to experience this year:
- Feeling at ease with my new, post-baby body.
- Experiencing taking care of the baby as easy (with lots of help, of course!).
- Attracting new clients easily.
- Attracting money easily.
- Balancing the baby, my business and my relationship easily.
- Finding new, fulfilling, deep, in-person friendships with ease.
- Taking care of myself with ease.